Serendipity - coined by Horace Walpole in 1754:
“…making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident.”
The Serendipity Circle was formed to help Strawberry Hill fund current and future needs, be they restoration, education or the establishment of our endowment fund. In return for your generous support, we offer exclusive events and entertainment including invitations to our Annual Reception and small events with historians and restorers to explain the meticulous and painstaking restoration of Walpole’s ‘little gothic castle’.
We offer three levels of membership of the Serendipity Circle:
- Virtuoso Member - £500 per annum
- Strawberry Committee - £1000 per annum
- Life Member - £25 000 single donation
- Season ticket for member and guest. Additional guest tickets on request.
- An invitation for member and guest to the SHT Annual Reception to report on the year’s achievements and talk about plans for the future.
- Invitations for member and guest to private views of events/exhibitions at Strawberry Hill.
- Visits or private views at selected properties, museums and galleries either not open to the public, or at a special time when the public are not there.
- Serendipity newsletter three times a year, with all the latest Strawberry Hill news.
- Special offers in the Shop
All of the above plus
- An invitation to member and guest to an annual dinner in Horace Walpole’s Gallery with the Chairman and Curator of the Trust.
- Private tours of the house for member and guests with SHT Chairman or Director may be made at any time by special arrangement.
- Special concessions for private parties at Strawberry Hill.
All of the above benefits for life.
For further information contact:
Carole Patey OBE,
Strawberry Hill Trust
268 Waldegrave Road
Twickenham TW1 4ST
020 8744 1241